FTView multistate button not keeping its state

mrgees100peas

Hi,

We have an application with a very peculiar problem with a multi-state button. In the button both the value and indicator are set to the same tag. When you push the button it also behaves as you would expect. When the button is pressed the state is toggled both in the hmi and plc. Yellow for 0 and green for 1. So far so good. HOWEVER!!!, if you toggle it to enable it, that is set it to a 1 (green) and then you change to a different screens, when you come back the button reverts back to the 0 (yellow) state. The PLC shows that the state is still a 1. We are having similar problems with other indicators too but not as consistently bad. Is as if the data is not updata/read from the PLC i.e refreshed. Also, this is a scada application. What could cause this problem?

P.S. we also tried changing the NEX STATE BASED ON parameter to both current state and value control options but, it did not made a difference.

I always use a momentary PB on the HMI and if I have to use a Multi-State button I let the PLC make the decision. Also, contrary to what is posted in the thread linked to, I always have a HMI_PB tag and a HMI_Status tag that are separate.

That way if a PB or multi-state button is activated the PLC will use it as a OneShot trigger for an alternator (flip-flop) as included in that thread. If the PLC determines that it is not allowable to toggle the bit (E-stop, MCR off, tank low, lid open, Motor OLR tripped, etc.) then it does not toggle it and clears the HMI-PB Tag.

If your indicator is reading its own HMI_Status tag instead of looking at the write tag it probably will show properly.