FT View Runtime freezing when I try to log into the engineering level.

Nortech

Hi All,

My knowledge is limited of FT view but I have a runtime .mer running on a PC and everything works perfect until I try to log onto the engineering level which unlocks certain functions.

When I type in the correct username and password and press enter, the runtime freezes and will not respond. The PC itself is not frozen as I can switch between windows etc. but the runtime completely locks up and needs to be restarted.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Hi All,

My knowledge is limited of FT view but I have a runtime .mer running on a PC and everything works perfect until I try to log onto the engineering level which unlocks certain functions.

When I type in the correct username and password and press enter, the runtime freezes and will not respond. The PC itself is not frozen as I can switch between windows etc. but the runtime completely locks up and needs to be restarted.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!
What is the version of FTVIEW? Can you please provide the complete details.

Is it only the one login that causes this, or do all logins display the same symptoms?

I had an FTView SE install that would sporadically freeze for a good couple of minutes when someone logged in. It was never consistent enough to be able to troubleshoot properly, from memory I went through and installed the latest patch roll-up on all the SCADA machines and heard no further complaints so forgot all about it. That's probably where I'd start in any event.

Is there actually a default display for the engineering login?

For all of my HMI's that support keyboards, I always put in a CTRL-H hotkey to show the home display(s) in the event all windows get somehow closed.