GE Series One - Procedure for loading code from cassette tape?

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys, I have a client that has a GE Series One PLC that apparently needs the code re-loaded onto it; they mention that when they lose power, they sometimes need to reload the code onto the PLC.

The code is stored on a cassette tape, and they use a portable stereo to play it. They say they have a procedure for doing this, but they can't find it. Wondering if anyone has worked on these systems, and if you could provide some help for a procedure?

Hi guys, I have a client that has a GE Series One PLC that apparently needs the code re-loaded onto it; they mention that when they lose power, they sometimes need to reload the code onto the PLC.

The code is stored on a cassette tape, and they use a portable stereo to play it. They say they have a procedure for doing this, but they can't find it. Wondering if anyone has worked on these systems, and if you could provide some help for a procedure?

This is exactly what ours did. It started off as every blue moon,it would dump the program. It then escalated quickly to the point that it will no longer accept a program.

Better get the little display out and go through the program and write it down so you can upgrade later on. I’ll be replacing ours next week.