FactoryTalk SE Numeric Display

Beardstormer

Beginner here... Is it possible to reference the displayed value of one specific Numeric Display (NumericDisplay45, for example) in an expression that determines the displayed value of another Numeric Display (NumericDisplay102, for example). Thank you for your time and attention.

Probably not.
Unless there is a trick you could do using Parameter files. I still say unlikely.

Something like this is usually handled on the PLC side.
I mean, it sounds like you would like two different numeric displays to show the same numeric value. Or maybe display a value based on another value in a numeric control.

Keep it simple. Create another tag or two if you have to and add logic in the plc to take care of this for you.

Thank you for your response. I am tracking "skillets" through a linear conveyance system. There are five different PLCs involved. My issue is at a "repair spur," where a linear sort will not work. My employer will not tolerate a crashed or hung PLC and the project is not mission critical. Writing between multiple PLCs is still beyond my risk threshold. I was hoping to solve my issue with a set of very long expressions in order to display "skillets" that weren't already in known locations as being held for repair. I'll just have to find a better approach. Thanks again!

I think you need a re-think.

What is a crashed or hung PLC?

What is the risk threshold of writing to multiple PLCs?

Are you sure you're not over complicating this yourself?

You could use an expression to do simple math on the tag sources of the other displays.

For example: Display45 is showing PLC1Tag1, Display46 is showing PLC1Tag2.

In a new display you could do something like: PLC1Tag1 - PLC1Tag2