Panelview 300

tcf24m

Hi

I am using the panelview 300 (2711-K3A10L)...I am trying to develop the HMI but I do not have a devicenet network to plug into, so i get a "comms error = 11" does anyone know how to clear this fault away so I can contiue to develope the HMI without plugging into a network.

Tom

If I understand correctly...

To "develop the HMI" you will use Panelbuilder32. You can develop the whole application without actually downloading it to, or even being connected to the Panelview. The Panelview should only be needed at runtime.

Ya, one of my gripes though about PV/PB, you MUST download to test your app.....though it does check for errors prior to the download....Just wish there was a runtime test in the software. Aside from that PV/PB is easy to use and gets the job done in most instances.

Greg

To verify a panelbuilder application without downloading it, just save it as a filename.pva file instead of a .pba file and it goes through the same verification as when you download the app.

Joe

Joe Loescher said:
To verify a panelbuilder application without downloading it, just save it as a filename.pva file instead of a .pba file and it goes through the same verification as when you download the app.

Or even easier, on the menu click application > validate all

pb32.gif

thanks for the replys...I was more of just trying to see what everything would look like when it was actually running of the 300...but i called are sales rep and he told me that you cannot get rid of the pop up window unless you solve the communication error...and since i don't have a devicenet up and running yet i am stuck with it(grrr).

Thomas Franklin