MicroLogix 1400 problem

shoelesscraig

Ok, I posted about this a week or so ago. Now I have more info to share.

I was having problems getting Linx to talk to a new MicroLogix 1400 that came in on a new machine we bought (which still has not been installed yet). You guys suggested that I upgrade the version of Linx that we are running. So, I had our IT guy do that for me. I had version 2.51 before, not we have upgraded to 2.55.000.16 CPR9 SR2. This is RSLinx Classic Lite (if it matters). He told me that this is the newest version (not sure if he is correct on this). We are using RSLogix 500 version 7.20.00(CPR7) if that matters.

When I am in Linx, I set up the ethernet driver and can get Linx to see the MicroLogix. After I right-click and download the EDS file, Linx knows that it is a ML1400, it also knew the exact model number and everything without me telling it. It even shows the little ML icon (instead of the question mark, which is what I was getting last time I posted about this). Then, when I go into RSLogix, I go to the communication page and I can see the MicroLogix, it too has the little picture of a MicroLogix shown with it. When I click once on it, it says at the bottom that the "type" is a SLC500, which is right I assume b/c this is what happens when I connect to another of our ML1000's out in the plant. So up until this point, everything looks good. It knows that its a ML, it says the type is a SLC500. But, when I double-click to open the program, it pops up a message saying that the node is not a SLC500 or MicroLogix! I don't get it.

I even tried connecting with the RS232 port, same exact thing. Shows that it's a ML, knows the model number and everything on its own, still says the same message. Won't let me do anything further than this. Has anybody got any suggestions? I really need to talk to this thing to get it ready for install. :confused:

(Sorry this is so long)

Last edited:
I had a feeling this was going to be the solution. I guess I'm gonna have to talk to the IT guy at work and get upgraded then. Thanks!

Just to update people on this problem (for those who may have been curious). I had my company upgrade to the newest version of RSLogix500 and everything works great! That was definitely the problem. The new machines go in next week so hopefully all will go well and I will finally be done with this project!