Allen Bradley CompactLogix L33ERM - Stepper motor control using TB6600 driver

QuebecoisSti

Hello everyone,

It's been a while I haven't dive into PLC programming (more than 5 years) and I wasn't doing it alot as programmer.

I am now trying to control (clockwise/counter-clockwise) a stepper motor using a cheap TB6600 driver for testing something (moving one axis rail for a profile laser camera)

While searching on the web, I've seen alot of people recommending the AMCI motion controller:
https://www.amci.com/plc-automation-products/3602-compactlogix-motion-controller

I've seen quite few posts in this forum and elsewhere but nothing related to those cheap driver and especially how to do the wiring connection.

However, I don't have the money nor time to get that unit. There must be a way to just move the stepper motor back and forth in both directions easily...

I got a program example from a colleague in MicroLogix 1400 (RSLogix500) but it seems the CompactLogix (RSLogix 5000) doesn't have the PTO (pulse train output) function...

Anyone knows how to hook that PLC model to a cheap driver commonly used in hobby CNC machines (TB6600 driver) ?

Best Regards,

Last edited: