You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old October 29th, 2021, 07:51 AM   #1
saultgeorge
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Studio V. 31.xx won't install

Hi folks.
I got a "new" z-book here at a new job and I am having a lot of trouble getting Studio V. 31.02 to install. We have it on a server and I've tried getting it directly from Rockwell. BTW Windows 10 enterprise V. 1909 64-bit
They gave me a smaller laptop without the features engineering needed and I got it on there OK so I'm figuring it's a machine issue.
As one can see by the snips, I have V. 19 and 20 plus linx and I also reinstalled FTV Services platform.
The snip with the install summary rings a bell but I can't remember what that was about. Something about that C++ business.
Anyway I'm going to need 31.xx and 32.04 on here like soon. It seems like we only have 2 or 3 machines with v.31 and of course I have a modification to make to the program on one of them.
Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you for all you do for folks on here.
Respectfully,
Attached Images
File Type: png FTV programs.PNG (38.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Logix programs.PNG (25.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png V. 31 install.png (41.1 KB, 10 views)
Old October 29th, 2021, 08:41 AM   #2
jstolaruk
United States

I don't know if this will help but I installed v33 first on a new w10 laptop and then was able to install v28, 30,31,32 easily. I first tried v28 and was unsuccessful.
Old October 29th, 2021, 09:00 AM   #3
saultgeorge
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolaruk View Post
I don't know if this will help but I installed v33 first on a new w10 laptop and then was able to install v28, 30,31,32 easily. I first tried v28 and was unsuccessful.
Hi, thanks. V. 33 was actually on there and one of the guys said to take it off. I'll try that and post an update.
Old October 29th, 2021, 11:06 AM   #4
saultgeorge
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolaruk View Post
Hi, OK I installed V. 33 and then went to the lower versions. I still couldn't install 31.xx so I searched the information in the install report in the first screenshot. I then tried method 1 in the second screenshot and V. 31 installed OK then. One of the other engineers said to download something for that C++ but I didn't need to. Hopefully this will help someone some day.
Probably someone will reply with "You didn't know this?!"
Thank you so much for your time and help. I won't forget this one.
Attached Images
File Type: png V. 31 install.png (41.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png C++.PNG (37.3 KB, 8 views)
Old October 29th, 2021, 11:15 AM   #5
PreLC
United States

Something that might help you out: Rockwell now offers a first party multi version install for all Studios from V20-33.

They have it hidden under their "Additional downloads" section, if you are interested, I can post a link to other threads about it.

Regards,
PreLC
Old October 29th, 2021, 11:17 AM   #6
jstolaruk
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreLC View Post
Something that might help you out: Rockwell now offers a first party multi version install for all Studios from V20-33.

They have it hidden under their "Additional downloads" section, if you are interested, I can post a link to other threads about it.

Regards,
PreLC
+1 Good to know!
Old October 29th, 2021, 11:29 AM   #7
saultgeorge
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreLC View Post

Regards,
PreLC
Thanks!! That would be a great link to have.
Old December 2nd, 2021, 10:26 AM   #8
PreLC
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by saultgeorge View Post
Thanks!! That would be a great link to have.
Sorry, I've been travelling lately. Here it is: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthr...=124843&page=2
Old December 2nd, 2021, 10:33 AM   #9
I_Automation
United States

When I have problems installing Studio on a Win10 I follow Rockwell's direction and go to the REDIST folder, then each subfolder and install that. Some things will popup a newer version is installed or that doesn't go with my computer, but once all the add-ons are installed Studio installs fine.

Some Jobs Are Best Started With A Sawzall And A Dumpster On Castors
Old December 2nd, 2021, 11:22 AM   #10
dmroeder
United States

Every time I've ran into that (different versions), I've went into Add/Remove programs, found that Visuall C++ and repaired it, then install again.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum