FTView ME comms work as test but not after download

Mike.McCance

I am having an issue with communications on a PVPlus running v8.0 where I can run an application as a test app from my laptop connected to the same switch (unmanaged) as the PV is connected and all is well, can see the data change in the PLC (CLx L83) when I press buttons on the "HMI" in the test app. I then create the runtime and download and then nothing works. I checked the application settings in the PV and it all looks good, matches what I setup in the project.

Is there something I am missing? I haven't had to set up comms on these in a while and I do remember having some headaches with it in the past, but nothing I couldn't figure out on my own with some fiddling around, but I am stuck on this one.

Thanks,
Mike

In communication setup, you probably have to click the button "Copy from design to runtime".

There are 2 paths you setup in communication setup. The path from your test environment to the PLC (Design) and the path from the PanelView to the PLC (runtime).

Yeah I copied it over to the runtime, and like I said I checked the application settings on the panelview after the download and it checks out.

Not sure if you have RA TechConnect access but the PVP firmware is based on the Logix firmware...
Logix below v29 - PVP v8.2
Logix v30 - PVP v9.0
Logix v31 - PVP v10.0
Logix v32 - PVP v11.0
and so on...

Not sure if you have RA TechConnect access but the PVP firmware is based on the Logix firmware...
Logix below v29 - PVP v8.2
Logix v30 - PVP v9.0
Logix v31 - PVP v10.0
Logix v32 - PVP v11.0
and so on...

Here's the real disappointing thing about this. If you manually configure the comm setup to talk to a EN2T and a L61, it will happily talk to the L8x controller. Which makes that whole communication setup really, really disappointing. In the end, it doesn't really matter which device is on the business end of the wire, as long as the path is correct (IP address and slot).