You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old December 2nd, 2021, 01:55 PM   #1
bzone
United States

Hirschmann RSB20 switch Connection Parameters

Any idea what that connection parameters are to integrate a Hirschmann RSB20 8 port switch into the I/O tree of Studio 5000?
Have not been able to locate and EDS file online or on the switch itself.
Old December 2nd, 2021, 03:16 PM   #2
saultgeorge
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
Any idea what that connection parameters are to integrate a Hirschmann RSB20 8 port switch into the I/O tree of Studio 5000?
Have not been able to locate and EDS file online or on the switch itself.
Hi, one will need to add a generic ethernet module and name it for the switch and assign an IP.
I configured a few of those octopus switches when I did a job for GM earlier this year and they weren't in the C.O.
I also had a software tool (Excel) that would configure port assignments, settings and IP configurations into the switch. The processor, ethernet modules and a convenience port setting were all configured into the switch so no need to directly access the switch from the C.O. Hope this helps.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum