AB 1203-SSS, RSLINX, and AB Drive

hkg

Hello,

I got a 1203-SSS and use that to connect to my PC (DriveExecutive and RSLINX OEM 2.50.02 installed) and the AB drive (1336-PLUS II, and IMPACT). I found that this is NOT always successfully connected to the drive from the PC.

The problem is due to the RSLINX RS232 driver 'Auto-Configure' feature cannot automatically configured the 1203-SSS to RSLINX. This successfully connection may sometimes got 'disconnect' suddently without any notice when I am using the DriveExecutive to view some trending of the drives.

Did anyone experience the similar before? I have asked the AB local support and they have onsite investigation also. However, they also could not answer. Should me forward the problem to the AB headquarter, and how? Thanks a lot!

Hi there, I see this is a very old post. Anyway, I had the same trouble with the AnaCANda 1203-SSS, but I could make a backup after make several tests.

Here is what I did. In RSLinx I tried with the next configuration:
Drive: RS 232 DF1 Devices
Comm Port: You Choose (My Case COM1)
Device: 1770-KF2/1785-KE/SCANPort
Baud Rate: 9600
Station Number (Octal):01
Parity:None
Error Checking: BCC
Stop Bits: 1
Protocol: Full Duplex

When you select "Autoconfigure", will appears an advice that says something related to a Configuration Succesful but it also says that the device couldn´t be reconized.

Then in the Drive Executive, Select "Browse" and you will find that the the device that the RSLinx recognize is not the 1203-SSS. Anyway, you select ok in the workstation.

After this, you only have to select "Conect to Drive", or if you have the option of select a drive(even if is not the drive that you want to conect) in that tab, select it.

I use this method and it works very well.

Regards

RSLinx for 1302-SSS.jpg RSLinx for 1302-SSS_b.jpg