Connect TI-545 to AB 1794-APB Flex I/O Profibus adapter

MHennel

I am trying to connect an AB Flex I/O Profibus Adapter to a Siemens TI-545 processor. I have configured the Profibus network in ComProfibus and exported the binary file. ComProfibus did not generate any errors. However when I try to merge the binary file in Workshop I get an error message in Workshop that states that there is an illegal number of slaves. The only other time I have had this error was when there was a problem with the .GSD file. I am using a .GSD file that was just emailed to me from AB. It is
1794-APB.gsd and is dated July 14, 2004.
Has any one used this version of the file before? Or does someone have an earlier version of the .GSD file. I have used this adapter in the past but can not locate the earlier version of the .GSD.

The problem you are experiencing with having an illegal number of slaves is one which can be corrected by downloading the newest Siemens COMProfibus Hotfix. The older versions of COMProfibus don't always work well with the new versions of the .GSD files.

The process to correct your problem is as follows. Go to the Professional Control Corp web site by clicking on the following link or cutting and pasting it into your web browser address bar. http://www.pccweb.com/Welcome/Lib2.aspx?ll=77
From here download the file...COMProfibus Hotfix 3 for V5.1+SP2+HF2. After installing this file export your 2bf file and merge it with Workshop. This Hotfix provides compatibility with the newer versions of the GSD files.

Jim,
Thanks for your suggestion. I am currently running that version of ComProfibus and still get the error. I ma going to try uninstalling ComProfbus and reinstall and see if that makes a difference.