Programming RSLogix 500 for SLC 500

ControLogix and the SLC500 are two different platforms. The ladder logic language is fundamentally the same, but addressing, function availability, and so on are different. To program the Logix platform you need a different Rockwell program, RS Logix 5000 There is a conversion utility which I understand gets most of the translation OK, but you still have to go through the converted code and check it.

The SLC and the Logix platforms both have documentation at the A-B site.

You asked about the SLC originally. Which A-B PLC are you using?

Similar Topics

Hi guys , I know there is so many was to program plc, I'm after the best way to stop an output double triggering, I was working on a machine last...
Replies
Views
Hey, I have pump running off a vfd that controls level in a tank. Now the client wants to have a progressive low flow setpoint meaning the low...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Please forgive my ignorance, but I am new to the field of PLC programming. I would like to know if RSLogix 500 could be used to...
Replies
Views
Rockwell Allen Bradley Programming Software, RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RS Linx, RSLogix 5000, version 2007, 1 DVD ----------------------- The old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm writing a program Yokogawa PLC. Due to the, Yokogawa software is not able to do stimulation, thus I'm writing the program using RSLogix...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom