Communication between Siemens 1214 and Micrologix 1400

akky

Hi there,
I am trying to communicate between Siemens 1214 that I have and a Micrologix 1400 on the other end through CIP protocol.
I downloaded the Cip Client FB demo program through Siemens website.
I am getting the communication status as 7002 (OK).
However, the quality for the tag that I am trying to read is showing as 'B' (Bad)
even though the address is correct.
What can be the issue?
Attaching the screenshot of the runtime

Screenshot 2022-01-14 181337.png

I cannot, since I cannot change the programming on the Micrologix end. So i cannot use MSG instruction over there to use Modbus TCP

It is recommended that the instruction is placed in Program cycle or cyclic interrupt, is that the case?
Your FB looks to be not optimized while the demo manual/instructions show optimized block, could that be an issue?

I have already placed it inside cyclic interrupt, tried optimizing the block, now the status shows 16#7003 for a while and then goes into error. The error code is 16#8401 which means