Can't get RSLinx to open

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I cannot get RSLinx to open. Every time I try, I get this:
RSLinx.png

I have deleted both Harmony files, which usually works for me however, it isn't working now.

RA has a Tech note that lists several possible causes and solutions.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/618267/loc/en_US#__highlight

Deleting the harmony files was #1 on that list.

I would check the RSLinx Classic service in the Windows Services. Stop it and make sure it is set for Manual.

They also suggest checking the Harmony service and making sure it is running. I would stop it and the RSLinx Classic services together and make sure they are both set for Manual. hen when you open RSLinx they should both be running

The other possible issues are a bit more severe to fix. Corrupt EDS system. Activation issues.

OG

Has your PC updated done any Windows updates/patches? check if any have been installed since the last time ran RSLinx and uninstall it.

R
I would check the RSLinx Classic service in the Windows Services. Stop it and make sure it is set for Manual.

They also suggest checking the Harmony service and making sure it is running. I would stop it and the RSLinx Classic services together and make sure they are both set for Manual. hen when you open RSLinx they should both be running
OG

Thank you OG, this worked! 🍻