PanelView Audit Log

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Can anyone explain the reasoning behind why since version 9 in the Panelview 6/7 the audit logs that can be exported (CSV format) have the time as UTC not local PV time.
Makes it hard to explain to people that the time shown is not correct, they have to convert to local time.
Regards Alan

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer but have experienced the same thing, the dates are wrong in the history log as well if you use the export feature.

My workaround was to key a few know buttons and alarms, record the date and time then work back the offset to know the actual time and date.

Please post if you do find anything. I haven’t been able to locate anything in the Knowledgebase.

If you push them to SQL instead w/ the UTC offset, as of 2016 you can use AT TIME ZONE to easily convert to your local for reporting.

select timestamp AT TIME ZONE "timezonehere"

The user manual just says that in v10 and later, the log features will use UTC for timestamps, and does not give a reason.

My guess is that one or more major customers complained about the terminals not correctly or easily supporting daylight saving time or time zone settings, so they switched to UTC so that those would not be a problem.