First time ordering a PCS7 hw + soft

userxyz

Hi,

I need to order a PCS7 set-up.
Todo this I am using TIA Selection Tool.
I can select a 6ES7417-4XT07-0AB0 CPU...

But when I search on google I find CPU's with numbers like 6ES7654-3JE47-0XX0 for example. A complete different ordering code. Why is this a complete different number ?

So how to know what CPU I should order for a PCS7 v9 ? And can I use selection tool todo this ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
C

My guess is that there is a different selector tool for PCS7, but I don't know. Industry Mall may have something. At the least, I know you need a rack for the 400, besides what you mentioned.

PCS7 is a completely different thing that happens to be more or less kinda based on the factory automation products. I'd definitely recommend talking to a Siemens rep. There might even be a different person for Process Automation than who sells you the Factory automation stuff.

New PCS7 systems typically use a 410 now, not the older 400's, which then has a runtime license to allow for different numbers of Process Objects.

In my experience, Siemens will have dedicated PCS7 people to advise and not the usual factory automation types.

Back when I was working with it, you could use any 400 series CPU, but I was under the impression they are pushing the 410 specifically for PCS7 as the only similarity with the other 400's is the box.

Typically you order the 400 series PCS7 hardware as a "bundle". The bundle will have a a part number. The bundle will include all your processors ( 1 or 2) redundancy modules, power supplies, communication cards, licenses, backplanes etc...

Your bundle will be assembled and tested at the Factory (burn in, etc...) prior to being shipped to you. There is a special spread sheet we use for this, you local Siemens person should be able to help you.

BTW, 417-5's are still supported in Version 9, but I would not install them in a new installation. I would go with the newer 410 series, it is the latest and greatest, much faster than the 417's, and has built in profinet port.

Last edited: