Good product, better service

GregPLC

A little change of pace, from some of the ranting about bad companies, poor products, and lousy support.....(not that it's been un justified)

I have used a few ESP-901, ethernet to serial converters on various data collection projects.....they are from B&B Electronics. They are simple to configure, the virtual comm. port runs very thin, and seem rather reliable.

I had one fail last week after it was in service for about a year and a half. I called up B&B, and the customer service department was very on top of things. They sent me an RMA, I sent it in and 4 days later they called me, informing me the unit was dead. The lady said a new one has already been shipped....I expected for her to ask for a PO number, but instead she said "It's on us"...They warranty their products for FIVE years!!! There wasn't ANY shifting of blame on our company, she didn't even want to know the conditions it was operating in.....just sent a new one, with a new 5 year warranty, no questions. I have dealt with B&B electronics on other occassions with good success, it's refreshing to run across a vendor like that.

Greg

I live near B and B, and knew the original owner in my high school era (different school).

They are very particular when hiring help.

The almost always need help of some kind.

Ottawa, IL is on I80, the FOx river, and the Illinois river, andnear Starved Rock State Park.

About 30-35 miles west of Jolit, 75 miles from the loop, if anyone wants to come out here to the corn fields.

regards.....casey

I have been to Ottawa a couple of times. They use to have a fair on the main drag beside a ball field, cant remember if this was behind a school, rec center or ? but remember the baseball field.

Matter of fact the first time I was in Ottawa was when I started doing electrical work predominantly. They had a ride called the Skydiver (http://www.flatrides.com/Ride Index Pages/skydiver.html pictured on right) that used flourescent lights. These things were wire uniqued because it was in a circle, the ballast and lights were wired in series. The foreman and ride help couldnt keep it lit so I got the job, paid extra.

I was actually foreman of the bumper cars, similar to this but not as pretty http://physicsof.net/amusementparks/bumper_cars.html

Must be nostalgia week.

kc9ih said:
I live near B and B, and knew the original owner in my high school era (different school).

They are very particular when hiring help.

The almost always need help of some kind.

Ottawa, IL is on I80, the FOx river, and the Illinois river, andnear Starved Rock State Park.

About 30-35 miles west of Jolit, 75 miles from the loop, if anyone wants to come out here to the corn fields.

regards.....casey

Dude!

I live in New Lenox! I know exactly where Starved Rock is. That place is great in the summertime. We should get together sometime, maybe during winter break.

Bob

RON

Ottawa shuts down a couple of sidestreets each summer, in July or August, for river days or something. Not safe for us old men, the only have so many ambulences in town. A lot of old chicago rock bands have been down playing there. It is a block from the high school and ball field.

BOB

You should have seen Starved Rock when I was just out of high School, remember I am about 10 years older. Cars parked on both sides of the hiway, thru the curves and hills, wall to wall kids. Driving thru there now, the edge of the hill is about 2 feet from the edge of the road. Wife and I walk there a lot.

Actually, it can be pretty cool (no pun) in winter, too!

Maybe the Milwaukee conntingent can pick up the Chicago guys and drive down here. There are only 3-4 beers sold, Bud, Bud Light, MGD, and Miller Lite. We'll have to figure something out.

I noticed that the local AB shop in La Salle was making Nameplates for Weigh Right a couple of weeks back. Don't know if it was for a machine or if they are your supplier.

EVERYBODY

B and B is advertising for a Manufacturing Process Engineer, if anyone is interested. Can apply thru their website.

regards.....casey

kc9ih said:
Maybe the Milwaukee conntingent can pick up the Chicago guys and drive down here. There are only 3-4 beers sold, Bud, Bud Light, MGD, and Miller Lite. We'll have to figure something out.

That works for me! Just say when. beerchug