About PLC loading and emulator 5000

timcph2008

Hello guys,

Recently I am playing with AB rslogix emulator 5000. Then some question comes up on my mind.

The emulator performance depends on the computer CPU right? so there is no limitation of memory, maximum tags something like that in the emulator? How do I simulate the real PLC without these factor?

I wouldnt know what point is the point to add more Processor correct?

How do I know what is the best loading for the processor(I do not have specific processor in use, lets say in general)? Can I simulate that? or I need to calculate with the specification of the processor?

Thank you guys!

All you have to do is change the processor type to the actual CPU you will be using and look under the memory tab in processor properties to see the memory loading.