Allen Bradley DeviceNet scanners 1747-SDN

tombobek

Hi !
I have configuration with two DeviceNet scanners 1747-SDN in one ruck with
one SLC processor, and I have a problem :)
I use PLC Ethernet port for communication with this scaners, so it's
pass-throug and RSNetWorx for configuration. Temporary i have one PanelView
600 connected to first scanner and second one connected two second scanner.
When I put driver for device net in RSLinx for first scanner all is ok, I
see scanner and panelview in results window. But when I put second driver
for second scanner I see only one device on node 00 with descritpion:
unrecognized.
Is there sombody who knows, how I can configurate this ?
Thanks

I don't know if you can configure two 1747SDNPT passthrough drivers for the same processor; that might be your essential problem.

More likely it's a configuration problem with one of the scanners. The passthrough driver requires special configuration of the "M0" and "M1" files in the Advanced I/O Configuration window of RSLogix 500.

Default M0/M1 file size is 256 words. To use Passthrough with 1747-SDN firmware 4.26 and later, set both files to 361 words. Version 6.02 firmware increased the size of the messages that could go through the Passthrough driver (such as PanelView downloads), and to do that you need to set both the M0 and M1 file to 395 words each.

Passthrough is a pretty slow way to get onto DeviceNet.. I use a 1784-PCD card and find the cost is well worth the time I save.