RS Logix 5000: error message on opening .acd file

vaishnunair

I am getting an error message on opening a .acd file on RS logix 5000 V19.0.0 "Support for the 1756-L61 controller is not installed". What should I do to open the file?

Welcome to the Forum !

It's likely that you have one of the "mini" editions of RSLogix 5000, which supports only CompactLogix controllers. Look in the Help -> About menu for information about which features your edition of the software has.

If this is a sample project or one for which you don't need all of the I/O definitions, you could post it here and a user with a full-featured edition of RSLogix 5000 could convert it to an appropriate controller model for you.

In general when you switch from ControlLogix to CompactLogix in RSLogix 5000 software, the I/O configuration has to be deleted because they have different backplane architectures.

If you really do have to work on this project file, you need to upgrade your RSLogix 5000 software to one of the editions that does support the standard full-size ControlLogix controllers. Your Rockwell Automation distributor can help you specify and purchase the upgrade.

Thanks for the response.
Yes it is a Mini Edition. The actual program was made on another computer. When transfered to this computer then this issue came up.
I need to buy new RS logix5000 to support the controller 1769-L61?

The program must have been made for a 1756-L61 controller, or RSLogix 5000 would not give you that error.

You may be able to upgrade your RSLogix 5000 license from Mini to Standard, but you should consult with your Rockwell Automation distributor or local sales office about the particular policies and prices in your area.

Again, if this is a demo or sample program you may be able to convert it to a CompactLogix using community resources on the Forum.

If it's really a 1756 ControlLogix program, and you need to work with it, then you need one of the Editions of RSLogix 5000 that supports the 1756 series controllers.