AOI in rslogix 5000

finibx

Hi

Im trying to create an Add-on Instruction that does not require a variable for the Instruction instance. So that it will simplying require input variables and output the output variables , much like a math instuction. However I can't seem to create on that does not require a variable to be created for the instance.

Excuse me if this seems trivial, i have tried with the hand of google to find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

One reason is that an AOI can be created which has retained memory from one call to the next. Therefore, for this at least, it neads its own memory space (the instruction tag) to exist. The standard instructions don't remember anything from one actuation to the next.

Well then how would you create an instuction such as mov, division, or multiplication. There is no need in these instructions to retain memory or set properties. Only to complete a function and store the output where defined. I am certain there must be a way of doing this or else alot of memory and time will be wasted.