Analog card F408AD from automation direct....problem

trubleshtr

This is a problem that recently arrived on a working machine.

I am getting a constant 4095 (12 bit res)in my plc register from my analog card. I am measuring with a volt meter at the terminals on the card and only seeing 0.9volts (transmitter is 1-5volts)ie PLC thinks it is seeing 5volts.
If I unwire terminal I still get 4095 in plc register.
if I unplug term strip from card I get a value of 8000 in my register.
Does this mean I have a bad analog card or is it potential cross talk, grounding?

If it was working previous to your problem then it is probably a bad input on the card.

If this is a new machine it could be a programming issue, or a dip switch issue, or a terminal strip issue.

If you are concerned abou the wiring remove it and use your own 5v supply to test it.