cannot communicat with scl5/03

reddywatt

:unsure:

hello
I posted a problem yesterday about not being able to communicate
with allen bradley slc5/03 cpu thru a rs232 cable.
had some good feedback one of the people asked me about is there was
a panel veiw tied to the rs232 port at one time and i think that maybe thier was at one time

the plc is an existing one that already has been programed but like i said i cannont get rslinx lite to communicate with it

any helpful comments would be apreciated

p.s. I am a newby at this

After you have started up Linx Lite go to the communications
tab and under client configuration make sure that AB-DF1 is
showing in the interchange port mapping. Check to see if the
Drivers configure shows AB-DF1 running. Try 19.2k baud as a
manual setting.Sometimes the node address defaults to 0
(decimal). You might can change that to 1 or 2. The
particular version of linx you are using makes for different
behavior. Version 2.30 or later seems to work better for me.
These are just some hints and don't know if any will work
for you, maybe some of the AB guys on this forum will have
some more ideas.

5/03

I am having the same problem with a 5/03.
Does anyone know if there is an old service bulletin out on the software or the processer.

I don't seem to ever have many problem with 232 cable. I go through a certain routine, first I go into rslinx configure drivers and delete all (if it won't let you delete just configure to comport 4 and it will shut it down, then delete). Then I add new 232 device and use autoconfigure (if autocon. isn't successful you will have another software program tying up comport,AKA-touchscreens, will have to open up and shut down comms.).After a seccessful autoconfig in rslinx, close out screen and go into comms. on rslogix click on rswho and open each file on left side until you see you processor, then uncheck autobrouse and highlight processor then click ok and wait sometimes it takes a few minutes. The only time this proceedure has failed me is on software version older than 4.01. good luck.

The reason you were asked if a panelview was on this port is that the port can be reconfigured for dh-485.

jrwb4gbm:
When you are having problems reconfiguring the drivers take linx out of auto-browse then it will allow the reconfig, the only driver I've had any fights with is the pic driver.

If you can't "see" the proc with the df1 driver (try all of the baud rates manually but I've never seen where auto-config couldn't find it but manually would) try using the same cable but set the comm port to use the pic driver but don't use the pic box. Again try the different baud rates.

See how that works.

Drewcrew6