software and manual assistance

aec,

Have a look at this .acd file.

I have quickly knocked it up the way I would probably write the code if I was in a rush.

There are better ways of doing but I think you will understand what is happening. I have tested it and everything works.

The 6 HMI buttons are which fan you want to start, in what order so if you press fan3 fan4 fan1 fan2 fan5 fan6, then they will start in that order.

The delay is the same for each fan, but if you want it to be different, then that is possible, but then you are getting to the point where you really to get someone in to help, that's not something I am prepared to do in my spare time.

I also have a rough HMI program written in factorytalk studio V6.

Mark

A neat explanation from Lancie1 followed by an example from MarkNightingale that was awesome đź“š(y).

But still I would like to confirm what I have understood is correct so kindly bear with me .

As lancie 1 said the destination will be incremented every time the sqo goes from false to true
Like wise the array element will also be incremented am I correct??????
And in the program attached by MarkNightingale

The compare instruction which has been used for moving the values to Sequencer_Source holds the moving value from [0 to 5] shouldn’t it be [1 to 6] because the initial value will be zero in counter so when the push button is pressed it will be incremented to 1 isn’t it????? Please correct me if I am wrong

And in MASK you have used 127 is it a random number???????

And instead of using a real out put in destination file can I use a internal bit like INTERNAL RELAY[6] Boolean ???????

HATS OFF to all members of PLC.net and a special thanks to both of you. Really I appreciate your patience(y).:site::site:

one more doubt at first the squencer will start with Sequencer_Source[0] then on second cycle it will start from Sequencer_Source[1].

What about third cycle will it start from Sequencer_Source[1]Or Sequencer_Source[2]??????????

AFTER FIRST CYCLE WILL IT CONTINUE TO START FROMS Sequencer_Source[1] OR WILL IT BE DECREMENTING ?????:confused:

The compare instruction is the ACCumulated value of a countdown counter and it starts at 6, and also when the stop button is pressed a value of 6 is moved into the counter PREset.

If you were using a count up counter then you would be correct in that the compare would need to be 0-5.

If you have a scientific calculator, put 127 in decimal and convert it to binary, you will then maybe have an idea why I have used this as the mask.

You can use an internal flag instead of real world outputs, just ensure you set the array to then correct length.

The sequencer will always start at [0]. The same time delay happens before it steps on to [1]. When the sequencer is running it will always go back to [1], and then cycle through.

If the time spent in [0] is causing a problem you can use a MOVe instruction.

Mark

The compare instruction is the ACCumulated value of a countdown counter and it starts at 6, and also when the stop button is pressed a value of 6 is moved into the counter PREset.

If you were using a count up counter then you would be correct in that the compare would need to be 0-5.

If you have a scientific calculator, put 127 in decimal and convert it to binary, you will then maybe have an idea why I have used this as the mask.

You can use an internal flag instead of real world outputs, just ensure you set the array to then correct length.

The sequencer will always start at [0]. The same time delay happens before it steps on to [1]. When the sequencer is running it will always go back to [1], and then cycle through.

If the time spent in [0] is causing a problem you can use a MOVe instruction.

Mark

Sorry I did not notice that it is a countdown timer sorry for my ignorance .:oops:

Thanks for the tip(y) it is all binary 1's

I used an internal flag in the destination instead of Local:0:O "Out_internal_bit" of data type DINT[7] but it gives me error message
"Error: Rung 9, SQO, Operand 2: Missing reference to array element."

What have I done wrong ???????

Only for the first cycle I will have [0] for rest of the cycle I will not be having that delay isn't it ????:confused:

Out_Internal_Bit[0] is a DINT. You cannot have a DINT as an XIC or an XIO.

If you want to use internal bits then you must address the DINT down to bit level.

See attached

Mark

DINT.jpg

I am not sure but would hope included with your demo version of Logix 5000 is the Start Page tutorials.
These are quite helpful with several video demo on how to get started and organize your file structure. On the learning center tab there is a selection “How Do I”. take a look at this.

Thanks a Ton to MarkNightingale and Lancie1 for being patient and for your explanation.

And I have few more doubts which you may answer when you find time.

The time limit will be entered by the operator from HMI screen he will be entering the time in minutes
What my doubt is should I have to multiply it by 600 and then move it to the timer or do we have any other option which automatically convert????

My second doubt about timers
I will ask it with an example

I have two pumps. My sequence is pump 1 should work for first two day then off then the second pump 2 should work for next two days while pump1 is off and this should continue always.

If I enter 1728000 for two days as preset value in a normal timer will it work

Or

Do we have Hours timer?????

Will it work for 48 hours (2 days) ???

hour timer.jpg

Last edited:
The time limit will be entered by the operator from HMI screen he will be entering the time in minutes
What my doubt is should I have to multiply it by 600 and then move it to the timer or do we have any other option which automatically convert????

That would depend on what HMI you are using

Mark