RSlinx Lite and RSLogix 500 Starter... FREE

what does it means for 10 points ? and can i connect power flex 4 directly with ml1100 through by the help of this software

When the OP started this thread the free version of RSLogix500 only supported the 10 point ( number of I//O) ML1000. That has changed,
the free version now supports all versions of the ML1000 and the ML1100.

http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

Be more specific about how you want to connect to the PowerFlex.

Mark,
Do you need another item to add to your great inventory of sales items? See this link, post #8, for a free low-cost idea.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=68022

Hi Lancie,

VERY cool idea, I did not notice your post until you pointed it out...

I worked on a machine that had a HMI that did the same thing, took me a little bit to figure it out. The buttons on the HMI (15 buttons) stopped working, so I took it apart and noticed it only had 4 wires running back to the CPU

Again thanks for the idea I never thought of putting it into my trainers, I will definitley look into it.

Hi Lancie,

VERY cool idea, I did not notice your post until you pointed it out...

I worked on a machine that had a HMI that did the same thing, took me a little bit to figure it out. The buttons on the HMI (15 buttons) stopped working, so I took it apart and noticed it only had 4 wires running back to the CPU

Again thanks for the idea I never thought of putting it into my trainers, I will definitley look into it.

I need the Siemans S7 1200...... I will contact you by email

Last edited:
The advantages would be that your total cost would still be low, but the software would still be free, and your customers would get 15 inputs instead of 6, making the trainer much more useful.

I looked for a low-cost chip, a 16-to-4 encoder or multiplexer. There have been a few made. The best bet right now appears to be a programmable EEPROM, with 15 of the inputs programmed to produce 15 BCD numbers as inputs to the MicroLogix. Power it with 5 vdc from the PLC, add about 19 terminal blocks and a PC board, and you are ready.

Is there a different download source?

These instructions no longer apply, and I always end up at a page asking for company and serial number. When I enter these for any of our products, it says no longer supported. We are mainly trying to obtain rslinx lite. Our version, 2.0, has the issue with not completing uploads from a panelview 550 (gets to 99% then fails). The laptop we are using is windows 95, so will need version 2.3, which I think is the latest version that supports win95. At this point, any version would be worth a try. Anyone have the install file handy? Thanks,

Alex