Problem with RSLogix 5000 homing of Sercos Ultra 3000 and soft overtravel limits

Eoghan

Problem with RSLogix 5000 homing of Sercos Ultra 3000 and soft overtravel limits

Hello,
I have Version 20 RSLogix 5000 successfully working with Sercos Ultra 3000 & Rockwell incremental TLY-A230T-Hxx4 motors.

My problem is when I power off / on machine. On power up the actual position of motors is set to an arbitrary value - this is OK as I have incremental encoders and will need to reference them. I use PLC command MAH to home axis. Normally this is not an issue and the axis moves in the pre-defined direction until it finds the home switch and corresponding marker pulse.

However if the arbitrary position of axis after machine power up plus the additional distance it has to move to find the marker switch causes the actual axis position to equal the software overtravell limits, then all motion stops and I get an 'Axis Software limit Overtravel' Fault.

To overcome this, I need to go online with PLC and disable ' software overtravell limits' on axis config, re-home the axis and subsequently re-enable 'software overtravell limits'.

This is OK during commissioning but not feasible during production.

Is there a parameter / input / command that allows me disable the soft overtravell limits UNTIL the drive gives it Reference Output bit?