SLC100 print to USB printer configuration for printing ladders

Alex-F

We have SLC Logistics Revision 2.09. Running Windows 7. We have a USB printer that I have successfully mapped to LPT1: We are able to print ladders but the font size / character width is too wide to print portrait. So the result is that it doesn't display the 20 or so characters at the end of each line. We have tried the printer configuration and varying the codes for condensed and normal mode, but it seems like no matter what we enter it doesn't change anything and only the first 80 characters of each line print. The printer is an HP Officejet 6210 (the 132 character dot matrix line printer died last week). Should changing the character codes in the printer configuration effect printing? Is it a printer driver issue within windows? If you have any ideas, please let us know.

Thank you

Here is some thoughts. Try printing to a file with the old Logistics software. Next, open that file with Notepad and try to print it. I have no way to test this since I don't have your printer or Windows7.

Edit:
I tried something similar using the PCIS software on an old WindowsXP computer. From the Main Menu I selected F1 which is the read, save, print, clear, choice. I then read in the program using F1 (read) to load it into the workspace. After loading in the program, Hit F3 (print) and on the box that comes up edit the options to use "s" (standard width) and then edit the LPT1 option by backspacing out "LPT1" and writing a file name (8 letters or less). After doing that then try opening and printing the file you just created with Notepad as you would any standard text document.

Last edited:
I was able to find my old copy of SLC Logistics Revision 2.09 and was able to generate a .txt file. I only have WindowsXP and not Windows7 so there may be some issues that I am not aware of. I did it by editing the LPT1 option. I used the backspace to clear out "LPT1" and write a file name (8 letters or less) in its place. That made a text type file and I was able to open it in Notepad and print it to CutePDF. That way I made a .pdf file. Based on that, you should be able to use your printer. I will try to list all the steps I did to generate the printable report using the Logistics software if you need it. Please let me know.

Last edited:
Thank you all. I finally had a chance to work with it today. Printing to file and opening as text document worked, so long as certain reporting features were turned off. It still gives all the information on the ladder.

Thanks!