Micrologix 1200 password

dougpdf

I've got a different question pertaining to password protected plc. My sister company in Il,bought a used 1200 and want to download their program into it, but they're telling me it's asking for a password.
I would have thought that downloading a new program vs just going online would be different.
Is there a solution?
Thanks
Doug...in Ky

I'm not sure what you are describing.
Are you saying "their" program is asking for a password? If so, what is it?

After you make a connection with RSLinx you should be able to open "their" program and download it, it would over write whatever is in the PLC now.

If you don't want whats in the PLC now you could clear the memory first, then download the new program(if you have its password).

See pdf for how to do this.

Last edited: