REMOTE I/O 56h error 1746

GNBLogic

I'm having issues setting up a remote I/O rack everytime i go to run mode it faults out and gives the 56h error. First time setting up a remote rack.

1st rack
0: 5/05
1:1747-RIO
2:IB32
3:OB32
------------2nd rack
4:
5:IB16
6:IB16
7:OW16
8:OW16
9:
10:

Rio G File
Scanned input: 32
Scanned Output:32
ISR:0
MO Length:3300
M1 Length:3300
G File Length: 3

Logical Rack 0 : Full rack
Logical Rack 1 : 1/4 rack

I have the 1746 Adapter set at 1 slot.

The Adapter has a flashing green for the Comm and status "are"

I figure that i'm missing something. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

did you read the I/O config using Rs logix? I'm assuming this PLC has no program at the moment if so open a new project specify your processor then on the left click the I/O config then ask it to read the I/O config

Last edited:
xx56​
The chassis configuration specified
in the user program is detected as
being incorrect.
The chassis configuration specified by
the user does not match the hardware.

Correct the chassis configuration

this is the error message from the SLC instruction set

When i do the read I/O Config it shows me only the 1st rack. It has a program in it but its not completly finished. This is set up as a mock up at the moment.

Do i need to have the block transfer set up to read the discetes from the 2nd rack?

I'm having issues setting up a remote I/O rack everytime i go to run mode it faults out and gives the 56h error. First time setting up a remote rack.

1st rack
0: 5/05
1:1747-RIO
2:IB32
3:OB32
------------2nd rack
4:
5:IB16
6:IB16
7:OW16
8:OW16
9:
10:

Rio G File
Scanned input: 32
Scanned Output:32
ISR:0
MO Length:3300
M1 Length:3300
G File Length: 3

Logical Rack 0 : Full rack
Logical Rack 1 : 1/4 rack

I have the 1746 Adapter set at 1 slot.

The Adapter has a flashing green for the Comm and status "are"

I figure that i'm missing something. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

1) A remote IO adapter for SLC is 1747-SN.
2) The second and third rack on the IO configuration are for racks connected by extension cable, not remote IO. Do you have both?

Can you upload your .RSS file? Zip it first, and you can delete all the ladder if you like. Someone can look at the IO configuration and offer some help. Basically, you should read the manual for the 1747-SN. Then read it again. What you need to know is in there. It's a lot to take in first time, but it is pretty well explained.

When i do the read I/O Config it shows me only the 1st rack.

This pretty much confirms that you are trying to input config for a remote rack as if it was local.

Last edited:
GNBLogic,
You are going to have to do a better job of describing your hardware and its physical location.And how they are connected together. What is in the remote rack ( card catalog numbers).

Also if you do have a remote I/O adapter in a remote rack tell us the dip switch settings ( all of them)

FYI:
1747-SN is a Remote I/O scanner
1747-ASB is a Remote I/O adapter

Last edited:
No extension cable, Just trying to read the 2nd rack through the RIO Scanner. would it be better to use a extension cable?

If the 2 racks are within a few feet of each other, it's MUCH easier to use an extension cable. And a whole lot cheaper too. Of course then you won't have the pleasure of figuring out how to do remote IO.

Last edited: