Need help with 1771 NOC ser A card, EMERGENCY!!!

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
The mill is down and I cant figure this out!! lucky me. It appears that a 1771 NOC analog card has faulted in some way. I cannot get the card to send out a signal to our valves. I can see in the data table that the HMI is sending 14 mA's out to the valve but for some reason the card is not talking with the PLC or the card is not working. Right now the fault light is flashing on and off. We don't appear to have an exact spare. All we have is a 1771 NOC ser C card which is 0-25 mA not 0-20 mA. Will the 1771 NOC ser C card work in the others place? how would I go about changing it, just pull it out and put the new one in? do I need to do anything with the BTW setup. I need some serious help as I haven't dealt with this before? PLEASE HELP!!

I am new on this forum but I was helped out so I will try to give a little help.

I don't know anything about this card and it has been 20+ years since I used a PLC5 but I thought I would try to give you a place to start.

Here is a link to the manual.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1771-um127_-en-p.pdf

Page 77 is the trouble shooting section.
A quick glance shows that flashing green means it is waiting on the PLC to write data to it. (might be a problem with the PLC and not the NOC) Solid red is a fault within the module.

If it is a bad module then the series c may work but I think you might have to change the configuration file to scale the output to 20ma instead of 25ma. I saw something about this in the manual.

This is more than I new about this module 10 minutes ago, but maybe it will help.

Hopefully someone here has had experience with that module.

...LaRoy

The module was having issues, so I replaced it and I still could not get the module to write date. then I realized I did not set up a block transfer read and write for the new card because I put it into a new slot. Once I set up the BTR and BTW I seemed to get somewhat of a signal but a huge delay. I then figured out I did not have an enable bit infront of the BTR and BTW, once I did that everything seemed to work good. What a nightmare, lots of reading and loss of hair on this one!! :sick::mad:

thanks bud