Lost Ethernet option link from a 1769 L35E

Hello everybody!
I tried to transfer a new firmware to my 1769 L35E CPU but I made a mistake... I linked to the 1769 L35E ethernet port.
Then ControlFlash software transfer CPU firmware to the ethernet device from the CPU.
I realized my mistake when it started but didn't stop the transfer because I didn't know what could happen if I try to stop the communication.
So now the 1769 L35E Ethernet port disappeared...

So my question:
Is there a solution to transfer the right firmware to the ethernet option card even if I can't locate the 1769 L35E ethernet port on RSLinx? Or something to do to initialize this card?

Rockwell hotline tried to help me but finally gave me some "technotes" but nothing concerning my problem.

Ciao

You can use the RS232 serial port to transfer the correct firmware if you've lost the ability to transfer through ethernet.

Captain:

I have done that in the past and no problem at all.
I do not think that your ethernet port has disappeared, but it has no config at all because of new firmware, so connect your pc to your plc serial port, then go on line and configure your ethernet and that should be all.
If you still has problem then I suggest to follow LJBMATT recommendation.

Thanks all.
I tried to transfer a new FW into the PLC but nothing happens... MS status indicator stay solid red!? Rockwell UK said me trying to transfer an old FW then install again the new one.
I'm a rookie with this kind of material but I saw in a document that that's possible to update the ethernet port FW only (not CPU FW).
Another try with old FW...

Please do me a favor, tell me what versions of rslogix 5k you have, what FW version you had in your plc, and what version of FW you have now in your PLC and why you decided to change FW rev..

You said that you try to tranfer a new version but nothing happen, what did you?, are you able to see yor plc from rslinx thru serial port.

What rockwell say is correct try to install and old version and then the new one, but do it thru the serial port, it takes up to 40 minutes to do it but it´s safe.

Bill,

I use RSL5000 V16.03
I had a CompactLogix 1769 L35E with FW rev. 15.xx (if I remember)
When I tried to transfer my program to the PLC via Ethernet bus RSL5000 send me a popup windows that ask me to upgrade PLC FW (but I don't remember the reason why).
So I upgraded with version 16.20.08 but what I tried to explain (with my poor english...) is that I transfer the FW to the ethernet port instead of the PLC.

Finally Rockwell UK ask me to upgrade with FW 16.21.12 . When done I got a message :"PLC not in right mode" (but it was in PROG mode with the key selector).

So for the 4st time of the day I upgrade (downgrade!!!! this time) my PLC and hoping this will solve my problem...

Real thanks for your help

Nico

Sounds like you need to have your key in the remote position with the PLC in Program mode.

Easiest way to do this is to turn the key to Program then to remote. Then try downloading it.

You can download the wrong FW to the eithernet port its imposible they will tell you its wrong and send back to the selection screen. You can DL the wrong FW for a compact logix I think but you can just use the serial port to put in the correct one.

Make sure there is no red lights on the front of the PLC and then try again. If there is do the old run to program to rem keyswitch thing and see if that clears it.

If none of this works let me know and give some specifics as to where in the process you are specifically.