Siemens Protool Pro T Serial Port

DesertDog

I have a project using Pro-tool Pro on a Siemens Panel PC that talks to serial devices through the PLC. I find this very cumbersome requiring the screen to talk to the PLC then the PLC to the device and back. Not to mention how complex serial communications are through the PLC Comm Cards. In the past I have used WinWedge with InTouch to talk to several devices using USB to Serial converters. WinWedge does not work with Pro-Tool. Does anyone know of any easier method, perhaps some sort of VB - Active-X method?

WinWedge does not work with Pro-Tool.

I have USB/RS232C for my HP-Omnibook where is not RS232C-port.
Whit Pro-Tool.Pro there was only COM1 and COM2 ports available, so
USB/RS232C had to put to address COM2, COM1 was for MODEM-gate or something like that. Am I in the map ?