In Theory how does one report bugs to Rockwell?

I find that telling them the competition is better, cheaper and the reason how I came about those two facts, is a lot better incentive... but I suppose there's a cultural element to it.

I tell my wife that my girlfriend is younger, better looking, and laughs at my jokes. Somehow she doesn't take it as incentive to improve.

Code:
My_AOI(instance1,
    Param_1_BlahBlahBlah

Param_2_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_3_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_4_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_5_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_6_BlahBlahBlah);
You need a comma between every parameter, not just the more important ones.

You need a comma between every parameter, not just the more important ones.
Well, that was just a typo in my example.

I guess the more important question is do you think not having a comma their is a perfectly valid reason for Studio 5000 to crash to desktop? Especially while you are typing the call?

In theory how does one report bugs to Rockwell?

Yeah fat chance getting them to fix them, but I figured I would try anyways. Studio 5000 is repeatably crashing when I am editing Structured Text AOI Calls.

I know, I know, Rockwell is great, it doesn't have bugs. Kindly hold your tongues Rockwell Fan Boys :angr: no ones cares.

If you want to post a ... portion? .. of your code that still crashes your Studio, perhaps someone can check it on their system and see if it is 'fixed' in the next rev.

I should be able to try it out by next week. My license server needs an upgrade before 32.04 will run ... but our IT guy should have that done this week

32.02.00 Pro

It doesn't like how I format my AOI Calls. It is perfectly valid ST but the active linter that runs and checks your code while you type doesn't like it. I think that is what causes crashes some times when editing the call parameters.

Code:
My_AOI(instance1,
    Param_1_BlahBlahBlah
    Param_2_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_3_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_4_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_5_BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,
    Param_6_BlahBlahBlah);

I know, but here I can say what I really think. If they care enough I'm sure they can figure out who I really am. I'll be nice to their face. :D

I have the same problem (V33.01.00) - At least I am not alone :ROFLMAO:
Did anyone find solution for this nonsense?

I have the same problem (V33.01.00) - At least I am not alone :ROFLMAO:
Did anyone find solution for this nonsense?

Yes, listen closely this will blow you mind but the trick is to... not use Rockwell. :nodi:

Yeah I am force to use it on 2 of our products, but the rest I am redeveloping in Codesys, using Wago PLCs, but since it is codesys I cam always migrate them to something else very easily. Codesys isn't perfect, but I will take it any day of the week over Rockwell.

Yes, listen closely this will blow you mind but the trick is to... not use Rockwell. :nodi:

Yeah I am force to use it on 2 of our products, but the rest I am redeveloping in Codesys, using Wago PLCs, but since it is codesys I cam always migrate them to something else very easily. Codesys isn't perfect, but I will take it any day of the week over Rockwell.

I wish :confused:
It is the same for me. I am using mostly Siemens and Codesys and as you said, they are not perfect but next to Rockwell it is like night and day. Writing code is noticeably slower even without dealing with stupid crashes.

I read that it has something to do with .net but I have tried it on multiple PCs with different version of .net, either on W7 or on W10 and it was crashing on all of them.

I wish :confused:
It is the same for me. I am using mostly Siemens and Codesys and as you said, they are not perfect but next to Rockwell it is like night and day. Writing code is noticeably slower even without dealing with stupid crashes.

I read that it has something to do with .net but I have tried it on multiple PCs with different version of .net, either on W7 or on W10 and it was crashing on all of them.
Yeah I feel ya dude.

I eventually just gave up on a solution, whenever I am messing with AOI calls in ST I just save, save, Save, and save some more. most of the time it is fine. only about 1 of 10 times it crashes. I don't have a lot of AOI calls in ST with a ton of parameters so I mostly can do it on one line too.

In my dealings with Rockwell, even twice this week, I think following these steps is the best way to get results:

1. Write down the specific problem on paper giving every detail of every software, license, hardware, firmware, etc.

2 Drive to the coast of California.

3. Put the note in a bottle and throw it as far offshore as you can. The magic bottle fairies will get it to the correct person, or department a lot faster than you will get in touch with them yourself using phones, chat and email.

In my dealings with Rockwell, even twice this week, I think following these steps is the best way to get results:

1. Write down the specific problem on paper giving every detail of every software, license, hardware, firmware, etc.

2 Drive to the coast of California.

3. Put the note in a bottle and throw it as far offshore as you can. The magic bottle fairies will get it to the correct person, or department a lot faster than you will get in touch with them yourself using phones, chat and email.
Based