Factory Talk ME Parameter Files Question

ccrusan

I have a question about parameter files in Factory Talk View Machine Edition. Can you pass placeholders in a parameter file like you can with a parameter list? This would let me not stack a bunch of buttons on top of each other. I hope I have the terminology right, but I'm calling a "placeholder" #1 etc.

For instance with a parameter list you can call a pop-up and pass multiple parameters including placeholders established when the main display was called:
{#2.PT_31X11},{#1\PT_31X11_Tag},{#1\PT_31X11_Units },{#1\PT_31X11_Desc},{X#1}

Because #2 in the current display is {::[PLC]PROGRAM:V30100},
In the pop-up, #1 is now {::[PLC]PROGRAM:V30100.PT_31X11}

I'm trying to do something similar in a parameter file in the line: #150={#2.CH_15X10}, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to make it work?

!============ Parameter File Created 2019/10/02 ============
! Parameter files are used with graphic displays to specify the tags a display
! uses at run time. You assign parameter files in certain application components
! and object properties dialog boxes. Please see the Help for details.
! Syntax:
! #replacement=tagname
! Example:
! #23=A_COLOR
! #23 in any expression in a graphic would be replaced by the tag A_COLOR.
!================================================
!References the HMI database. Needed to display text.
#1={15000}
!References the PLC vessel program.
#150={#2.CH_15X10}
#201={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V20100}
#202={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V20200}
#203={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V20300}
#204={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V20400}
#205={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V20500}
#206={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V20600}
#251={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V25100}
#252={::[PLC]PROGRAM:V25200}

Unfortunately, based on my knowledge, this isn't possible. That's one limitation of ME that we had to really battle with; ended up stacking multiple "pop-up" screens on top one of another using visibility properties... This is possible in SE though; you can indirectly pass parameters there.

Unfortunately, based on my knowledge, this isn't possible. That's one limitation of ME that we had to really battle with; ended up stacking multiple "pop-up" screens on top one of another using visibility properties... This is possible in SE though; you can indirectly pass parameters there.

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid that was the case. Unfortunately, we have already gone down the ME route, and are limited on options. It would be nice if ME allowed scripting, or if the back button worked when using Parameter Lists.