KTP 1000 basic DP white screen !!!!

Hi all ,
The problem in brief
I had HMI KTP100 DP ( Italian ) , i had the software of the screen in English (TIA 13 SP1) and i wanted to change it
I try to connect to the screen direct from MPI/DP/PPI port and i could not do this
I connected it throw MPI port on CPU
I manage to take a backup from the screen using ProSave , When i try to upload the project using TIA the connection lost and the screen freeze to white screen
Any solution ?
sxnns0.jpg

9jiyh3.jpg

I would maybe try and download firmware to it. If no one here can point you in the right direction, its worth putting in a service request with Siemens, they are usually helpful.

Hi Mohamed,

If you are able to use Prosave, then do an OS UPDATE, it should work afterwards

Regards
Hagos

Hi Mohamed,

If you are able to use Prosave, then do an OS UPDATE, it should work afterwards

Regards
Hagos

Hi bro ,
I can't do OS update
maybe the cable ( as i don't have the original cable for Siemens , i have a cable in next picture + RS232 to USB )
2yx3fb4.jpg

maybe the switches in the back of the screen ( MPI/PPI/DP or RS ) it's now MPI /DP/PPI

Hi Mohamed,

In your post you stated that you were able to have a backup using Prosave,what cable you used to do that?If you are still able to connect using the same cable you used before, then from Prosave you should be able to carry an OS update.

Usually you can not upload using TIA unless the BACK RESTORE box has been checked the first time the project was downloaded to the panel.

Of course also the backup you did with Prosave is not editable, it is only good for downloading for a typical panel.

Best regards
Hagos

Hi Mohamed,

In your post you stated that you were able to have a backup using Prosave,what cable you used to do that?If you are still able to connect using the same cable you used before, then from Prosave you should be able to carry an OS update.

Usually you can not upload using TIA unless the BACK RESTORE box has been checked the first time the project was downloaded to the panel.

Of course also the backup you did with Prosave is not editable, it is only good for downloading for a typical panel.

Best regards
Hagos

Hi Hagos ,

I used PC Adapter USB A2 ( 6GK1 571-0BA00-0AA0 )
But this was not possible using the panel + cable + pc ( the TIA and ProSave could not connect to panel )
The only way i could take a backup is i go for the cpu , MPI port ( i have 4 nodes on this port one of them is the panel with number 5 ) i open ProSave , select panel , connection MPI/DP , go to panel and power off and on again change to transfer mode , and on pc i start backup and it was good
When i start to upload the new English software to the HMI he asked for OS update and it was good till 30% the connection lost and the panel go white

Hi Mohamed,
Usually the OS Update should complete without any problem, halting at 30% is not a good sign, I hope that it didn't corrupt your OS, & that the panel will be usable again.

Hagos

Update

We had another KTP1000 with English program but the touch was not working , We replaced electronic board in the new one ( touch dead ) with the old one ( not booting ) and now am in safe zone ( English screen for handling alarms and faults )
But the thing i noticed . when i booted the screen after change board , i got a version of the bootloader V1.45 and the not booting one is V1.38 o_O .
did the OS update downgrade it ? :angr:

3006smq.jpg

Hi Mohamed,
Usually the OS Update should complete without any problem, halting at 30% is not a good sign, I hope that it didn't corrupt your OS, & that the panel will be usable again.

Hagos

Thanks Hagos ,

after about 12H of searching . The end of the story is :-
- OS Update is done with the HMI in transfer mode . so i can't do it as the screen does not open . and i can use my cable MPI/DP to USB A2 cable to do this as the manual of the adapter say.
- OS Update with Factory reset ( which is needed in my case ) is only done by 2 cables for my KTP1000 DP 1- PPI/RS232 Multi Master Cable 2- PPI/USB cable . i can't use MPI/DP to USB A2 cable
this mean i need to by one of them :confused:
if anyone have another solution i would be glad to hear it .

What happens when you try to do a factory reset with your cable?

If it doesn't work, you have no choice but to buy the RS-232/PPI cable. I would prefer The RS232/PPI one over the USB/PPI cable, even though it says it's possible to do a factory reset using both.

What happens when you try to do a factory reset with your cable?

If it doesn't work, you have no choice but to buy the RS-232/PPI cable. I would prefer The RS232/PPI one over the USB/PPI cable, even though it says it's possible to do a factory reset using both.

1 :- The ProSave , no connection .
2 :- The cable does not recognize the speed of transfer

xqdjxe.jpg

308i7sz.jpg