Thanks PLCS.net!

cbuysse

This forum is the best!

I first got started in the world of PLCs and automation about 16 years ago when I went to work for a company that supplied industrial automated paint systems. They were completely unafraid to let me completely screw things up as I learned, so I went from barely being able to spell PLC to being the company expert in just a couple of years.

Since then I've bounced around, sometimes using PLC's, sometimes not. Every time I've left the PLC world and had to come back in there was always a lag where I had to relearn what I'd lost and then catch up with the changes. For instance, I left PLC world right as Allen Bradley was rolling out the ControlLogix platform, and then had to jump back in a few years later and quickly make that transition - ouch.

About 2 years ago, I found this forum and became a member. Since then I've been able to use my experience to help a few times, but mostly I've watched and learned by reading threads that have interested me.

Right after joining this forum, I made another jump out of the PLC world to a job at one of the least automated manufacturing plants I've ever seen. I spent about a year and half there without once looking at a PLC. But I never quit following this site, which has now proven to be invaluable.

A couple of months ago, I made my most recent job change and I'm back in the PLC world. This week I was sent out in the field to fix a problem on a municipal water treatment plant. It was like I had never left. The information I've learned here while looking over the shoulders of other members kept me current. I must have used knowledge gained from following this site at least half-a-dozen times that I can identify over three days this week.

There are several people who post here regularly and provide massive amounts of help to those who ask for it. For your trouble, you quite often take some verbal beatings that are truly undeserved. I want to try to offset that with my sincere thanks. Not only have you been helping those that ask for help when they need it, but you were proactively helping me and others like me, long before we even know we need it.

Thank you. Please know that what you do here matters. If you're ever in West Michigan - send me a line, I'll buy you round.

Clay Buysse

Clay glad some of the gurus have helped you. I have so say my one man show looks larger because I have 100+ people on this site that I pull info from.

So my hat is off to everyone here as well.

The thanks should go mostly to Phil. I can't imagine how much time he has spent setting this up and maintaining it. It is truly a resource for our industry.

The thanks should go mostly to Phil. I can't imagine how much time he has spent setting this up and maintaining it. It is truly a resource for our industry.

I second Tom's comments. Kudos go to Phil for Hosting this fantastic site.

Thanks should also go to a great group of regulars who provide their time, expertise, knowledge, and experience to make this an informative and vibrant Forum.

Stu....

I agree many a time people here have helped. Whether it be from my asking a question to doing a search and someone else has already asked. Kudos to Phil and the tireless group who day or night answer our questions.

Thanks
George

I agree 110%
I found 10% laying on the floor the other day and this is a great place to use it.

Totally Agree, This is by far the best automation resource out there. The Archives are so packed with information i hardly ever need to do a new post.

Rheinhardt

Hi

I have been helped out here so many to times I can't even start to count them. I have never meet Phil but I have never owed so much to a man that has never spoke to me and the same goes to a lot more here. I often look at the number of posts people have and am blow away by some of he numbers. We live in such busy times it's great to see the different flags and the time people take to help people they have or may never meet.

Donnchadh

I've got to agree this is one of the best places to seek advise. We have experienced PLC guys in work and when I've had a problem they can't solve there's always someone on here with the knowledge and experience to help.