FactoryTalk to WinCC

wesselvos

Hello,

I have been working for a few years with Allen Bradley (mainly RSLogix5000 and Factorytalk).

For my HMI objects like valves, motors etc i have set up some globals objects to make sure i dont have to modify the same valve a 100 times if something has to be modified.

I have set up the parameter definitions to have 1 tag that i link to a PLC datatype. This way i only have to change one tag when i wanna copy multiple valves in a screen.

What would be the best way to create this same functionality (if possible) in TIA Portal V14.

global objects1.png global objects2.png global objects3.png

What would be the best way to create this same functionality (if possible) in TIA Portal V14.

Which version of Portal Wincc are you using? Basic/Comfort/Advanced (for dedicated machine HMIs) or Professional (which can handle SCADA level systems with server/client functions).

In Comfort/Advanced there is a concept called Faceplates. It isn't 100% the same thing as a global object, but it is great for reusable objects with multiple animations, etc. Sometimes the tags get filled in separately, sometimes you can fit it all into one structure in the PLC, and then pass that structure directly to the faceplate for 1 tag changes when you duplicate.

In Professional, faceplates are one option. However, you also can put an object that displays another screen (screen window) and then pass it what is called a tag prefix. This gets added to the beginning of all the tags on the screen when you call it (ie you programmed the screen with a tag ".speedsetpoint", but the tag prefix "tank1" means that you're looking for a tag called "tank1.speedsetpoint").

Below are two links to example libraries & documentation. The first download option shows faceplates in the Comfort/Adv download and uses a mix of both methods in the Professional download. The second download is Professional only.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/66839614
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/109749508

Last edited: