FTView Alarm banner

coltbean

I am trying to create an alarm banner that will only show with certain alarms. I have roughly 200 alarms configured that show in the alarm history page but I only want the banner to show when 10 specific alarms are triggered. I then want the ack button to enable a tag in the PLC to let it know how to proceed.

Currently the alarm banner triggers on every alarm and the tag that I have linked to the ack doesn't go high.

Any help is appreciated.

Does your version of PLC software have ALMD? Digital Alarm? Probably need RSLogix 5000 version 16 or higher. If so you can assign the 10 alarms the same class number or name and use it to filter these in the banner.

I am trying to create an alarm banner that will only show with certain alarms.

In the Alarm Setup editor, Message tab, Check the box in the Display Column for Alarms to show and uncheck the box to not show.

Note: from the help file.
Alarm Display.PNG

Currently the alarm banner triggers on every alarm and the tag that I have linked to the ack doesn't go high.

Any help is appreciated.

In the Alarm Setup editor, Trigger tab, Optional Trigger Connections, Each individual Trigger must have the ACK PLC tag added. If you have 10 individual alarm bits then it must added to all 10. If your using DINT trigger bits then it should only need to be added once. Just make sure you only use 10 bits out of the 32 to isolate the ACK for those Alarms.