PLC-5 Local Adapter 1771-ALX

spartacus06

Hello,

I am in the process of migrating a PLC-5 system over to ControlLogix and could not find any equivalent modules to convert the 1771-ALX local adapter module. We have 4 racks communicating over the local bus, with a few specialty modules such as VHSC & Analog. I tried using Rockwell's IAB migration wizards, but it did not have anything listed for the 1771-ALX.

My first thought is to install the VHSC & Analog modules in the local chassis for the ControlLogix, and run all of the discrete signals over ethernet remotely.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or ran into any challenges converting this system over

Thanks

ControlLogix has no equivalent to the "local I/O scanner" feature in PLC-5.

Your instinct is correct; put the complex modules in the chassis with the controller, and the discrete or slower modules in a remote chassis connected over ControlNet or EtherNet/IP.