1747-SDN Error Code in PLC

dipan

Morning fellas,

Anyone know if it's possible to receive the error codes displayed on 1747-SDN modules in a SLC 5/05 PLC?

I've looked through the manual and looked around in RSNetworx but there doesn't seem to be any indication that it is possible. Trying to allow non-electrical folks to see which node may have a DeviceNet fault without them having to open up an electrical cabinet.

The SLC-500 scanner only showed you the current Node and Code that are scrolling across the display, so you will have to come up with some logic to put the Codes into a data table, and to zero them out when the associated slave fault bit goes back to normal.

The ControlLogix and CompactLogix DNet scanners had more data available via their faster and bigger backplanes, so they gave you a SINT[64] array of status information for each possible slave address.