EMC and LVD testing

kiwisoundguy

Hi there,

Are there any experts or people with knowledge in the EMC and LVD testing here?

if so, read on..

I have a display which is powered by 230v. It has an internal PCB mounted PSU to drop that down to 15vdc. There is a multi stage filter inline with an unfused IEC input connector.

For LVD testing, does my device need a power switch for incoming mains?
Must the incoming be fused?
Does the secondary (15vdc) need to be fused if the internal PSU (AC-DC) provides over/under voltage and over current and temperature protection?

EMC questions:
What is the general EMC testing standard? BS 61000?

Thanks in advance!

Similar Topics

I am deciding on components for a bayed modular enclosure containing multiple VFDs (480V/350A/321Hp each) for a dynamometer. I am concerned given...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a basic question. I am looking to order a PF525, and noticed they have an EMC filter option. What is the purpose for adding this...
Replies
Views
To make a long story short: I have two identical drives which have the same problem. The amp is a SEW Movidrive MDX61B-0014 (which by the way is a...
Replies
Views
K
Hi all. Tried to search on the forum but no luck. In my plant we got some problem with one of our gateways trips very often. And I now think it`s...
Replies
Views
K
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue As part of a large installation we have a machine with 4 x 120HP 3PH motors each...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom