Automation Direct C'More EA9 Recipe Problems

WireGuy1950

I'm having serious trouble trying to get the recipe function to work. I'm using an EA9-15" with a Productivity 2000 plc.

My "recipe" consists of about 100 tags, both numeric and discrete, I have populated the header row of the recipe database sheet with the tag names picked from the Tag Database, but now I don't know what happens next.

What I need is when the customer opens this sheet they enter a name (alpha numeric) and hit save and the recipe populates from the current values on the HMI. Conversely, when the customer wants to load a record they select a Name and it loads the values to the screens/PLC.

It seems to me that the recipe sheet wants me to pre-fill all the records before hand, we are an OEM and that is just not going to happen.

I need a much more detailed set of instructions on how this is supposed to operate, the "help" file is useless and the phone support is just about the same on this subject.

IIRC, what you stated is exactly how that works.

All recipe values are entered from the HMI or from within the CMore software.

You can create recipes from the HMI, give it a name and then go through each column and enter a value.

This is probably a year to late, but i've been searching for similar answers on an EA9 model HMI. Normally we use a Siemens TP Comfort for our HMI but our customer has spec'd A-D for the entire controls system. Try checking out this video around 9:30-10:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h27EE2IWyHw. It looks like there is a read from PLC function available. I'll be playing around with this today, keeping my fingers crossed that i won't have to hand jam all of the recipe data. Hope this helps

Hey Matt, welcome to the forum! You may want to create a new thread. I would also recommend creating a thread on automation direct forum page, they are really good and giving responses there.

Just following up on this, the "Read PLC" function does work, but be sure to either: not create any rows in the recipe sheet and leave the "Show Insert/Delete Rows" option checked in your Call Recipe configuration so you can configure all of your recipes directly on the HMI, or populate all of your named rows with something in the tag value field. If there is nothing in that field the "Read PLC" function fails during runtime.

Edit: also, when you do a download to the HMI it seems to wipe out the recipes on the hard drive. Be sure to have a backup file on an external USB or SD.

Last edited: