Heavy enclosures

Our machine build shop uses tables similar to these when wiring their panels:

table.jpg

Saves the back and easy to move around. Ours also have a hydraulic angle adjustment all the way from vertical to horizontal. Helps them load/unload panels from them using a overhead crane/hoist

Still save the heavy components when it's in the enclosure so you don't bend those panel edges, but let's them get a lot of the work done outside.

Pi

Our machine build shop uses tables similar to these when wiring their panels:

View attachment 50857

Saves the back and easy to move around. Ours also have a hydraulic angle adjustment all the way from vertical to horizontal. Helps them load/unload panels from them using a overhead crane/hoist

Still save the heavy components when it's in the enclosure so you don't bend those panel edges, but let's them get a lot of the work done outside.

Pi

That's nice, where did it come from?

I couldn't tell you where ours came from...wear and tear has destroyed any markings they had. Sorry.

There are several options like them out there. Search for "control panel tilt table" or "electrical panel tilt table" on your favorite web browser.

Pi

For getting the plate in to the enclosure I get the enclosure to a reasonable height using the trolley lift and then use three loops of 'hairy string' and a second pair of hands.

After that the trolley is used for all moving. I have a temporary ramp to get outside then it is an easy jack up and slide in to the van.

On the website I found this one they call it a '500kg Hydraulic Platform Table Trolley Lift Mobile Lifting Table Cart Truck'. I think they have all the bases covered with that description.

You’re right, they were trying to cover all bases with that name!

I used similar ones in my shop except they could tilt the panel up for working on it and then in most cases I could get it onto the top mounting studs in the enclosure right from there. Do a search for “tilting lift table”.

We build our back plates on adjustable tables, so they are near vertical while building. Something like this, but bigger, and with more tilt.

Our guys lift it in by hand, but I like the hoists mentioned here.