Compactlogix and devicenet

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

Im changing an old 1769L35E PLC and 1769-SDN/B DNET module with a newer 1769L33ER and a new 1769-SDN module.

My question is.. I might have trouble with the device net network ?? As i am going to put a newer SDN module.

Anoter question. If I only change the PLC, can I put the new PLC with the old SDN module ?? Or it might be too old the SDN for the L33ER PLC ?? how can I figure that out

One more. Should I be aware of the firmware I download to the new PLC regarding the firmware the SDN has ??
I mean is the same If I download firmware V20 or V30 to the PLC, the SDN will work with both ?? Or they are correlated ??

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you have RSnetworx for DeviceNet? Helps to back up the SDN module and download to the new one if you need to. I would first try using the old one, it will have the scan configuration.