FTView SE V10 Alarming Issues

Hi there,

I've spent over a day now struggling with setting up an alarm and event server for FTView10. Poor documentation tells me they have moved to a localdb install of SQL Express.

I cannot install another instance of SQL express as it keeps giving me an error on SQL Native client 2012.

Is there anyway I can connect to this Localdb in FTView ?

- Create a new database
Definition: FTAE
Computername: xxx\MSSQLLOCALDB
Database Username: WindowsLogin
Database Password: Windows password
Databasename: Alarms_DB

A dialog box "SQL Server Log on" prompts me for a username and password which I key in my Windows Authentication and it fails.

How on earth do I log my alarms?

I don't have a direct answer, but the localdb is intended strictly for FT View to use.

I have in the past installed another instance of SQL Server Express without issue. I think that is the problem you need to troubleshoot.

OG

Yes I accept that but I was hoping to use the localdb just for testing and install another SQL instance when deploying it on site.

Maybe it cant be done?