Generic Ethernet Module Status ControlLogix 5000

Bawaarao

Hello,

I’m communicating a ControlLogix 5000 with a Yaskawa A1000 drive, via a Ethernet 1756en2tr module.

I installed the drive interface as a Generic Ethernet Module in my network, on the Studio5000 enviroment.

Produced and consumed assemblies are working fine, but I cant have acess to any information about the status of the drive in the network. My goal is to see if the drive is able to recieve the messages from or send them to the PLC.

As a comparision, in a DeviceNet Network we can monitore if a device is able to communicate via node check.

Last edited:
Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

All I/O devices have a "Module" object, which has an "EntryStatus" attribute. You can read that with the Get System Variable (GSV) instruction.

The important value is in Bits 12,13,14,15 so you can divide that INT tag by 4095 to get the value.

"4" means the I/O connection is running properly.

Search this Forum or the RA Knowledgebase for "EntryStatus" and you will find many threads about it.

There are also a couple of related programming manuals you may wish to read; 1756-PM014 and 1756-PM015.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

All I/O devices have a "Module" object, which has an "EntryStatus" attribute. You can read that with the Get System Variable (GSV) instruction.

The important value is in Bits 12,13,14,15 so you can divide that INT tag by 4095 to get the value.

"4" means the I/O connection is running properly.

Search this Forum or the RA Knowledgebase for "EntryStatus" and you will find many threads about it.

There are also a couple of related programming manuals you may wish to read; 1756-PM014 and 1756-PM015.
Thanks for the answer Ken. What a great way to start to use PLCTalk.net Forums.

It seems like with your recomendations, I can check if the communication between the Ethernet Module and the Controler is OK. That is a very usefull tip that I didn't know.

However, I want to check the connection between the AC Yaskawa Drive and the Ethernet Module. Does these "EntryStatus" and "GSV" tips still working?

Yes, this works for any Module in the I/O tree, as long as it's running an I/O connection.

Modular I/O like FLEX and POINT has an easier-to-user Module Status bit array, but for a Generic Ethernet Module (like a Yaskawa drive), the EntryStatus attribute method is standard.

I did this with Yaskawa SigmaLogic servo drives last month and it worked fine.