LOGO! 8 TIA portal WinCC

domyplc

Hi all experts,

I am LOGO! 8 PLC programmer, and now I am beginning to start SCADA developement. I want to ask which software should I install ?,

1. TIA portal with Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional & WinCC Professional 15.1 x64

2. WinCC RT Professional 15.1 x64

3. STEP 7 Professional 14.0

4. SINAMICS Startdrive 14.0

5. WinCC RT Advanced v15

Please excuse me if my question is not OK as I am beginning scada developement I know nothing about it and I can get limited software through my college programme.

I am confused too because I found that "Up from version 12 of WinCC the driver “LOGO” is available" and also "I think the Logo! communication driver is only available for a WinCC RT advanced , not professional." in this post : unable-to-connect-tia-15-version-to-logo-8/185145

Please hep me so that I can learn SCADA developement with my LOGO8

Waiting for your fruitful reply,

Thanks and Regards

Hello domyplc,

Welcome to the forum.

What are you wanting to program? Is it an HMI screen, or a PC application?
You have frequency drives in your application?

If it is just for practice, I don't think you will need a runtime license.

"SCADA" and "LOGO!" in the same sentence is a bit out of proportions IMO.

A LOGO! is supposed to do some small simple task.
If you need a user-interaction you can use either the integrated display, or the integrated webserver.

"SCADA" and "LOGO!" in the same sentence is a bit out of proportions IMO.

A LOGO! is supposed to do some small simple task.
If you need a user-interaction you can use either the integrated display, or the integrated webserver.

I second that