Automation Direct CLICK PLC

kittydog42

Has anybody used one of these yet? If you haven't heard of them, check Automation Direct's website. Their look is and structure is similar to a Telemecanique Twido or an Idec Micro, with free software as well. The price is right, but they are either behind on analog or don't plan to offer analog at all...but you could always address analog via Modbus or buy a different PLC.

Who would have ever thought that you could have a PLC in your hands for under $80, with free software? You can barely buy 4 relays for that price anymore! This could be good or bad, though, as I personally have not had good luck with the DL05, which is also priced right. I think in my case it has to do more with the installation environment than with the hardware. I mount them in a control cabinet that is subject to slight vibration, althought this never affected the Telemecanique Nano PLC's used before.

My local Tech school just started including these in the new student tool kits. They set it up where the student can come in and plug into the lab equipment work on the lab then take the plc home to work on the program. We were using simulators but I think the plc will work much better. Plus when they are done they keep the plc.

You are right that there are not many instructions to the Click PLC. Most of the functions that take multiple instructions in other PLC's are combined into one instruction. For example the Copy instruction takes the place of single word move, multiple word move, fill, pack, and unpack bits. While this is a different approach than other vendors it also makes the unit quite powerful.

We are still enhancing the instruction set and the PLC so you should see more instructions and features in the near future.

Icky said
"We are still enhancing the instruction set and the PLC so you should see more instructions and features in the near future. "

If you benchmark against other products, check out the FX2N/3U line from Mitsubishi -- they have a number of very handy instructions

HELLO
I am new to plc's. I am using Koyo click software to practice. I have completed several programs. Is there a simulation tester for the Koyo Click programs.

I like the click alot... yeah its no full blown CLX but it holds its own. Ive done some really interesting stuff with it. The Search and copy instructions are pretty powerful if you think outside the box. Besides that some have analog and RS485 (modbus rtu ascii) built in...cant go wrong!

They have a couple analog models with sink source and relay outputs with them.I have used them for my own training hooked it up to a Cmore panel and worked great.And like you said the price is great.
Look at Model # C0-022DR-D for relay output with the 2 Chanel Volt and analog

I like the click alot....

I could not agree anymore.... I like them a lot, I have not installed any yet but they look nice, good price and nice software

The only thing I have found that could be different is the way they are wired, its a little strange, I like doors covering the wiring terminals, it just looks better when the customer opens the cabinet