Controllogix Module, Reading the configuration

asterof

Anyone know if it is possible to read a analog input modules
configuration settings, such as the engineering units
using a GSV or some other instruction
Thanks

All the configuration settings are already created as Module-Defined Tags in the Controller-Scope database.

For a module in Slot 5, for example, the Configuration data is stored in "Local:5:C"

Changing those values in logic does not apply them to the module; you need to perform an "Apply Configuration" service using a MSG instruction to programmatically reconfigure a module. Look for the topic "Reconfigure an I/O Module Programmatically" in the online Help file.

Eddie is correct about accessing configuration data through the local tags.

I use a first pass configuration routine to configure all analog modules when the program first starts. I have to disagree with Eddie in that I never use a MSG instruction to apply the changes to the modules. I have had success modifying the module configuration through logic without using a MSG.

Not seeing them

All I need to do is read the high and low engineering
values. I do not see those in the processor tags
I see filters and such, but not the engineering values.
A I missing something

PS.
too many narcotics when I was young, I forgot to turn them on in the
Show All Checkbox's, However the information you supplied did educate
me to some abilities I never knew existed.
Thanks a bunch

Last edited: